How should I format my artwork for the perfect print file?
We've put together some tips that will help you produce the perfect artwork file...
- The best file format to send your files to us is PDF. However, we also accept JPG, TIFF and EPS files.
- We also accept the following raw files; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and QuarkXpress.
- Your artwork should be of high resolution, no less than 300DPI.
- Please allow a 2mm bleed on all sides of your artwork. This is the margin that we need when trimming.
- Please make sure that all the text on your artwork is a minimum of 5mm from the edge of your design.
- If supplying as an EPS file, please convert all fonts in your artwork to outlines/paths.
- Make sure your images are in CMYK colour format, not RGB or any other format.
Our design team will check the files you send us for quality and specification. If we spot anything that will compromise the quality of the print, we will contact you prior to going ahead with your order.
If you are a design pro and creating artwork files with bleed and crop marks is second nature, fantastic. If you are new to print or are unsure whether your files are correct, we can check and prepare your artwork for print for you.